Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pinup Studies

So, I've finally decided to leap into the illustration tradition of pinup art, which is both fun and intimidating. It would seem, that each illustrator has their own unique approach to a pinup illustration, creating a multitude of flavors within this "genre" of illustration. All you have to do is open a Playboy magazine from the 1960's to witness the pinup pluralism. It's interesting for me to see how each individual artist has made their stamp by way of problem solving through the pinup. I started asking myself, if push came to shove, how would I approach a pinup? Cool thing, my friend Bernardo Franca (who is an amazing artist by the way) asked for such an illustration! Now I get to find my voice within the pinup world, and I couldn't be more excited.

Here are a few facial studies. :-)

By the way, here's Bernardo's blog.
delaburns.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment